04/07/2011

Listen up

Hello guys!
My work and Phd studies kept me away from the blog these last weeks, but I'm back with another attempt to help you develop your english with some different challenges. Today, teaching in the morning to a bunch of advanced learners, I've realized that they had some trouble to express themselves at the same level they can express their written discourse...The best solution for that is talking! Still, some people don't have anyone to chat to, some others would refuse to expose their english flops in public...But the whole point of learning english is to talk, right? So, I have challenged my students to follow these steps here:

1 SAVE SOMETHING LIKE 20 MINUTES, TWICE A WEEK, TO DEDICATE YOURSELF TO EXTRA-CURRICULAR ENGLISH PRACTICE;
2 SELECT A MAGAZINE, NEWSPAPER, BLOG OR BOOK AND READ A PART OF IT FOR 10 MINUTES;
3 TRY TO RECORD YOURSELF GIVING OPINION ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE JUST READ OR TRY TO SUMMARIZE THE TEXT, BUT REMEMBER NOT TO WRITE ANYTHING BEFORE RECORDING, YOUR ORAL DISCOURSE MUST BE IMPULSIVE, IT SHOULD NOT BE SOMETHING PLANNED OR WRITTEN DOWN PREVIOUSLY.
4 LISTEN TO YOURSELF SPEAKING, TAKE NOTES OF STRANGE PRONUNCIATIONS AND POSSIBLY STRANGE SENTENCE CONSTRUCTIONS.

I believe you'll feel the benefits of this exercise very soon, since you're gonna be practicing the most important channels of your brain.
I hope you follow my advice and wish all the best luck!!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário